Date: 20 September 2019 to 22 September 2019.
Venue: Yashwantrao Chavan Academy of Development Administration, Baner Road, Pune.
Blending rich history with modernity, Pune – the “Queen of Deccan” is the cultural capital of the western Indian state of Maharashtra. Pune is so attractive with a bunch of tourist places where you can meet authentic traditional experiences along with modish lifestyles. It is also nicknamed as the “Oxford of the East” for being home to several reputed educational institutions in the country. The iconic monuments found here throws light to the glorious past of the Maratha Empire.
“Reading maketh a full man; conference a ready man and writing an exact man”; says Francis Bacon, the famous English writer. Books can bestow upon us enlightenment as well as entertainment and even takes us to a ride through the different world created by the author. If you are a keen reader and a budding writer, here is an opportunity for you to showcase your works, meet and interact with the famous authors and many prominent personalities on their works and other social issues at the Pune International Literary Festival to be held from 20th September to 22nd September 2019 at the Yashwantrao Chavan Academy of Development Administration, Baner Road, Pune.
About Pune International Literary Festival:
Pune International Literary Festival is taking place since 2013, organized by two Pune-based authors, Manjiri Prabhu and Sonja Chandrachud to build an inspirational platform between authors and readers, thus promoting the culture of knowledge-based reading. The 7th edition of this 3-day Festival is all set to begin on 20th September 2019 which will be inaugurated by the eminent poet, lyricist and screenwriter Javed Akhtar. Every year the event follows different social themes. And this year the Pune International Literary Festival revolves around the theme of “Save Our Earth” which focus on climate change. PILF 2019 will witness the presence of many distinguished figures of Indian literature like Dr Sasi Tharoor, Devdutt Pattanaik, Narayan Rane, Ashwin Sanghi, and many more.
International authors and speakers from Austria, UK, Turkey, Hong Kong, France, Portugal and Germany like Antoine Albertini, Marta Dzido, Edmund Kingsley, Alexandra Pringle, to name a few, will also be present at PILF 2019 to discuss literature and to create awareness about the climate change. With the participation of French, Portuguese, and Austrian authors among others, Pune International Literary Festival reflects its alliance with the Salzburg Global Seminar and Literature Across Frontiers. This year’s Pune International Literary Festival will be organized with support from Vishwakarma Publications and MIT–World Peace University. And the book launch of the 2018 manuscript competition winner will also be conducted by the Vishwakarma Publications.
What Awaits You At Pune International Literary Festival 2019?
- You can meet and interact with famous Indian and International personalities from various spheres of life under one roof.
- The main highlight of PILF 2019 is the special session named “Yours Truly, Javed Akhtar”, planned as a “spoken biography” to catch a glimpse of the writer’s life and writings.
- As the theme of PILF 2019 is “Save Our Earth”, there will be sessions on topics like global warming, waste management (plastic waste and bio waste), etc.
- A panel discussion with Bahar Dutt, Dr. Mangesh Kashyap and Dr. Milind Watve on the topic “Save Our Earth – The Challenges of the Century”.
- There will be a presentation on the topic “10 things I’ve learned about climate change in the last 10 years’ ” by Dr. Arunabha Ghosh.
- Debut authors can showcase their work at the session “WhyBuyMyBook?”.
- At the “Caravan-By-The-Tree event”, you will get an opportunity to listen to authors reading from their books.
- Special interactive sessions for children above 8 years are also planned for PILF 2019 and is named as “Treasure Island”.
- A couple of documentary relating to the theme of the festival will also be screened at PILF 2019.
- The remarkable work of paranormal suspense and mystery romance writer Daphne Du Maurier will be showcased at the much-praised author exhibition of PILF 2019.
What Do You Experience?
The 3-day long Literary Festival will take you to a fascinating world of literature through various workshops on reading, storytelling, and poetry. It is an amazing platform where the outstanding works of talented authors, writers, and creative personalities are beautifully exhibited. To meet famous authors in person, interact, discuss and share with them our doubts regarding Literature will be a wonderful and exciting experience.
It is really an appreciative thing that the budding authors will get a great opportunity to showcase their works before various famous personalities of Literature. To listen to authors reading from their books will be the most memorable and special moment you will ever experience. Book lovers will love discovering new books at this festival.
Prominent Speakers of Pune International Literary Festival 2019?
- Javed Akhtar- Chief Guest
- Aalif Surati
- Aashish Gupta
- Adib Surti
- Amol Mazumdar
- Alexandra Pringle
- Dr Charles E. Ehrlich
- Devdutt Pattanaik
- Gautam Marwah
- Gita Viswanath
- Joel Koechlin
- Dr Shashi Tharoor
- Tanushree Poddar
- Vivek Tujeja
Things To Do In Pune:
- Feel the soul-soothing beauty of Lonavala.
- Pay a visit to the historic Palace of the Peshwa, Shaniwar Wada.
- Take a trek to the Rajmachi Fort.
- Enjoy Scuba diving at Divisional Sports Complex.
- Shoot out your adventure tastes at Panshet Dam.
- Go shopping at Hong Kong Lane.
Best Time To Visit:
October to March is regarded as the best time to visit Pune. If you visit Pune during the month of September, you can witness and indulge in the grand celebrations of Vinayaka Chaturthi or Ganesh Chaturthi.
Pune in Maharashtra offers you great sighting places in the monsoon seasons with the lush green hills and the numerous waterfalls. So July to September is also a nice time of the year to visit for outdoor activities like trekking and sightseeing.
The “Festival of Letters“, Pune International Literary Festival is a great opportunity for you to learn about various social themes and to meet and interact with talented writers, authors, and other famous personalities from various spheres of life.
Pune was the capital city of the Maratha Empire and later on the monsoon capital of British India. A heritage tour in Pune will take you around in the various monuments which stand witness to its rich history and culture.
On this special occasion, plan to witness this event during your trip to Pune with our customized tour packages for you to discover the world of Literature.
By Air: Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Mumbai, about 156.4 Km.
By Rail: Pune Railway Station, about 2.4 Km.
By Road: Pune enjoys excellent connectivity with neighboring cities and towns by the well-maintained network of roads. Regular buses are also available from nearby towns in Maharashtra and cities like Bangalore, Surat and Ahmedabad.
Plan an amazing Tour to Pune, Maharashtra with convenient payment solutions and also get free quotes with South India Tours.